Sunday 8 May 2011

Mac OS X, simply, everything works



A few years ago by the editors of PC Actual walked a mad genius that I've lost a little track. Beardless boy that he was barely 20 when I met him, and even at that time was far more advanced in many fields that we had been some years in the scene. Pretty flat, if you read this, a big hug, "I discovered things like Wired or the world of blogs - BrokenLoop pulled at that time, I speak from 2002-2003, Movable Type, "and was a kind of Hacker News in referred to the discovery of new gems on the internet, but live and direct.
GNU / Linux was pretty flat. Debianites, to be exact. And one day I was surprised, once again, with a curious revelation: she had bought a MacBook Pro Knowing surprised me the election, but soon gave me an argument I've been very aware all these years and have been confirmed in recent months.
In Mac OS X everything works. No more.
Actually, that is the impression given by the operating system. This past Easter I went on vacation with the family a few days near from Cadiz-ole-Axe, and as we all getting just a little freak in a while all laptops as they fell pikes peak. I had my 3G shashlik health cure, and as there was no ADSL, I wondered if I could share my connection with others.
Nothing easier. System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet Sharing. 
With this simple spike my 3G has become a practical MiFi which all present were able to pull to surf the Internet. And it has pulled joke these days, so we saved the ballot and the operation itself took me about 2 minutes total.
This morning back at it again. I was outside with the laptop, but I had forgotten the skewer 3G, so I needed to navigate to see one thing and only had my Desi Android connected to the Internet. What to do? Easy. Desi Link and MacBook Air Bluetooth, creating shared connection Android - it creates a little WiFi hotspot when the smartphone is the access point, and voila, I could connect to the WiFi network to browse the virtual network. Another two minutes.
I dread to think what would have taken me this, especially in the first case, in Windows 7. I know it can do, but certainly not in a way so obvious. And so is Linux, which continues to improve in these sections but it lacks the maturity of Apple on the land in which they have already given much thought to the end user.
And as always Planit was right. What crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment